- 4 lbs boneless organic grass fed beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion
- cup of frozen peas
- cup of carrots, sliced
- 24 ounces orgnaic chicken broth
- 2 lbs white, pealed potatoes
- kosher salt
- 6 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Heat dutch oven on medium high heat. Add oil. Salt roast. Brown roast on all sides. About 12 minutes (2 minutes per side -- don't forget the ends).
- 3Slice onion into half rounds and brown in dutch oven. Add peas, carrots and chicken broth.
- 4Replace pot roast and juices. Nestle roast into the center and bottom of pan. Add potatoes and garlic around edges of roast. If you dont want whole potatoes/garlic, then omit, and make garlic potatoes on the side, mashed --
- 5Cover with lid and put in oven. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- 6Cook until fork tender. Approximately 4 hours
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pot-roast-282075#ixzz1YNmlYU7a